A print driver built
Managing a multi-vendor print infrastructure involves installing printers on numerous devices, updating multiple print drivers and managing print queues. HCP’s powerful full featured single driver simplifies printer management.Ask us how
Manage multiple devices with
a single driver
Full-featured single driver
The legacy model of one printer, one driver, is a headache for IT - from installing devices, helping end-users to connect to printers, or updating multiple print drivers across the organisation.
- Now you can manage multiple printer devices via a full featured single driver – meaning less time for IT and less hassle for end-users.
Advanced print options
Complex print commands such as duplex, staple, punch etc. differ depending on the manufacturer, creating issues for end-users when printers are swapped out.
- Unlike manufacturers’ universal print drivers, HCP’s full-featured single driver is designed to work across all models and all brands.
- Once a user authenticates at any device, HCP seamlessly formats the job including all finishing options, and quickly sends it to the printer, regardless of brand.
A secure pull printing solution involves managing and deploying multiple print queues based on individual manufacturers’ print drivers.
- HCP delivers one global print queue that connects every printer, every user and every office across your organisation, enabling seamless printing without IT intervention.
Helpdesks can be bogged down with calls from users working across different offices or departments who can’t connect to a printer.
- HCP’s location-aware platform automatically discovers and shows end-users available printers at their location, allowing them to print immediately, wherever they are.
- Available printers are automatically added and those that are no longer available are automatically removed.
Solving the print driver challenge
A cloud printing service eliminates the need for multiple printer drivers, a full featured single print driver provides unparalleled advantages and makes setting up cloud printing fast and efficient.
Solving the print driver challenge
Fundamentally print drivers were designed to be a piece of software on a computer that converts data to be printed into a format that a printer can understand. Over time, as layers of complexity have been built into printing infrastructure, print driver management has become a task in itself. IT has developed processes to handle print driver updates centrally, using print servers as a distribution platform.
With cloud print software, this headache essentially goes away. IT simply installs a client containing a universal print driver that includes full finishing options for all major manufacturers on users’ devices. Any updates in policy or device commands are pulled down to the client on a regular basis, so that users are always up to date and can print to all available devices, irrespective of manufacturer.
Is this a universal print driver?
The term universal print driver has been used historically to convey a single manufacturer driver that enables consistent print performance on that manufacturers’ devices. However, in a multi-vendor print environment, universal print drivers often come up short, and IT typically has to maintain a repository of multiple print drivers to manage the fleet - a lot of needless administration.
Cloud print software replaces these legacy universal print drivers with a single solution that can handle multiple networks and domains even within organizations where there are duplicate usernames between domains.
Benefits for IT and end-users
Another significant value-add is the simplification of common IT helpdesk pain points such as connecting users to a printer, whether at their home location or when visiting another site. HCP cloud print software enables self-service for users and simplifies the process of adding print devices by only displaying those available locally to them.
With a true cloud platform, the print driver can move from being a point of frustration to a business enabler. Organizations can easily enable end-users to be able to print securely to any device (all major print manufacturers), from desktop or mobile, with full complex print driver commands (duplex, staple, punch etc.).